Sustainable Cities Discussion Forum 27.10.2022, part 2
The Sustainable Cities Discussion Forum series, initiated by the City of Helsinki and the UN University UNU-WIDER, continues on its second edition in collaboration with HundrED Innovation Summit. This time the focus will be on the future of education, in line with the event’s theme Agenda 2030 Sustainable Development Goal 4 “Quality Education”.
Day two will take place at the Helsinki City Hall on Thursday 27 October with HundrED’s Innovation Showcase on how to stay resilient and hopeful for the future, featuring interactive workshops, panel discussions and insightful presentations on thinking creatively about the future of education. The day’s speakers include author and journalist Anya Kamenetz on COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on children, and a panel discussion featuring Deputy Mayor for Education of the City of Helsinki Nasima Razmyar , Harvard EASEL-lab Director Stephanie M. Jones , Lauren Walker from Apple Schools Canda and KiVa Antibullying-programme Director Anna Murgo .
The event will be moderated by former Yle News reporter Denise Wall .
• Stephanie M. Jones , Gerald S. Lesser Professor in Early Childhood Development, Director of EASEL Lab
• Isaac Success Omoyele , Founder at Dreams From The Slum Empowerment Initiative
• Jenn Flynn , Apple Schools, Canada
• Palarp Jumpasut , Associate Director, Room to Read, Bangladesh
The Stolen Year: How Covid Changed Children’s Lives, and where we go now?
Anya Kamenetz , journalist & author
Thinking Creatively about Educational Futures
Framed and hosted by Fazal Rizvi , Emeritus Professor, The University of Melbourne
• Nasima Razmyar , Deputy Mayor for Education, City of Helsinki
• Janhvi M Kanoria , Director Of the Innovation Development Directorate, Education Above All Foundation
• Stephen Harris , Co-Founder, LearnLife, Spain & Australia
• Rodrigo Oliveira , Research Associate, UNU-WIDER
Close of the event